Inyati is an ideal location for an intimate, private getaway. Situated within the Pongola Game Reserve in Northern Zululand; 350km north of Durban and 450km south east of Johannesburg, the lodge is set on a hillside overlooking the Pongola River and the foothills of the Lebombo Mountains.
Accommodation is in 4 en-suite thatched chalets (2 twins, 1 triple & 1 double), all with air conditioning. Each chalet has a veranda overlooking the river where crocodile, hippo and water birds can be viewed. Cool off on those hot Zululand days in the lodge’s private swimming pool. The fully equipped kitchen is open plan with a lounge equipped with DSTV, a patio and dining area, as well as a boma and barbeque facilities.
2 bundles of wood will be supplied per day at no charge. Any further wood required can be purchased at R20 per bundle.
If you do not wish to purchase wood from us, you are welcome to bring your own.
· Game Drives
· Rhino Tracking
· Guided Walks
· Boat Cruises
· Fishing Boat Hire
The rates for all activities on offer are as per the Activities List and Rates. All activities last approximately 3 hours, except fishing, and booking is essential. Cancellations made less than 24 hours before commencement of a booked activity will be paid in full.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND RULES
1. Account to be settled at the Office on the morning of departure.
2. Daily tariffs paid according to the days booked.
3. Credit Cards: Only Visa and Master Cards.
4. MTN, Vodacom and Cell-C reception.
5. Malaria - Pongola Game Reserve falls within a low risk area.
6. Please report any defects in the Lodge as soon as possible in order that they may be rectified for your convenience.
7. Speed limit on the Reserve is 30 km/h.
8. Please do not harass the animals.
9. Please leave the Lodge and equipment in the same good condition that you would expect to find it.
10. Please do not remove any plants from the veld.
11. THANK YOU FOR NOT LITTERING.
12. NO PETS ALLOWED.
13. NO SELF DRIVES.
You are welcome to bring your own boats.
Please ask about the launching details for private boats.
These do change due to dam levels.
Take the N2 North bypassing Empangeni and Mkuze. Continue approx. 40km on the N2 towards the Golela/Swaziland turn-off. Turn right and continue for 4 km along the Golela road. Pongola Game Reserve on your right is very well signposted. The gate guard will direct you to the Lodge.
From Johannesburg or Pretoria:
From Johannesburg / Pretoria via Ermelo, continue on the N2 to Piet Retief and Pongola. From Pongola travel approximately 28 km to the Golela/Swaziland turn-off. Turn left and continue for 4 km to the Pongola Game Reserve entrance on your right. The gate guard will direct you to the lodge.
Gate Hours: 06h00 – 18h00
Please note that the Game Reserve’s internal access roads are gravel roads. These are well maintained and are suitable for normal clearance cars and bakkies, however they are not suitable for vehicles with very low clearance and low profile tyres.
27° 22' 07.22" S
31° 50' 54.60" E